Friday, March 12, 2010

Boots and Beaches....

A fair number of moons (and suns) have passed since my last post. And what a post it was! After getting some mixed reviews about the (dark?) undertones of my last post, I have decided to make this one light and frothy. As can be seen from the title, 'Boots and Beaches', this blog post shall talk about my upcoming trip to Miami and the new pair of boots that I bought today. (Yes I am very excited about my first pair of boots). Two random topics says you? Read on says I!

As a senior at university, one would think that there are very few moments when one can stop and smell the flowers. What with the never-ending tirade of classes, homework, projects and group meetings, it is hard enough as it is to mainitain a social life and still get a decent night's sleep. Now with the added pressure of "Whatever will you do after you graduate my dear child?!" from random strangers, life has taken a dive into the deep end of reality. If you are still scratching your head trying to understand what that last phrase meant, I would advise you to instead spend your precious time thinking about world peace or some other such fruitful topic.

However, as is a custom in U.S. universities, we students get to take a week off during spring as a break. Such a blessed event that has been christened (not too ingeniously) 'Spring Break', allows us to take a breather before tackling any further stresses of life. As this is my last spring break, I decided it had to be different. Unique. Exciting. Adventurous. Of course, with the way my life usually shapes out, the chosen destination had to be Miami. And for those of you who are not that familiar with U.S. spring break destinations, you can't really get more cliché than Miami. It is like the Goa of India. This is not my first trip there as I went there for a few days 2 years back. That was quite an eventful trip and I thoroughly loved the sights and sounds of Miami. This will be probably be the last time I travel to Miami (at least in the near future), so I intend to make the most of it.

Now in order to make the most of it, will require being able to walk across the lovely beaches, promenades and the quaint (yeah, right) streets of Miami. In order to prepare myself for this intense exercise that will no doubt last hours and hours, I went ahead and did the most sensible thing a girl my age can do. I bought myself a pair of boots with four inch heels. Sensible right? You bet! However, I am still very excited about them as they are my very first pair of boots and I can remember wanting boots ever since I was a kid (or you know, since I hit adolescence and started reading fashion magazines).

So yeah. Spring break 2010 + Miami + Killer new boots = Riya with a tan and sore feet. I'll post pictures when I get the chance (in case you live under a rock and don't use facebook).

This is a picture from Spring Break 2008 at Miami. The beaches are to die for!

2 comments:

  1. ENJOY MIAMI...Hope u have a great time

    ReplyDelete
  2. where are these boots???? and how come I never got to see them?

    ReplyDelete